Ph.D in Chemistry, Professor
The scientific staff directed by Professor Volkova E.N. has been working on a problem of violence and children abuse for 16 years. Over this period, the staff has finalized 6 multi-authored monographs, specialists’ workbooks and more than 50 articles for publication; within a group of 7 international universities the staff have developed and approbated a toolkit to measure child abuse incidence, and implemented 14 disquisitional and applied projects.
Volkova E. N. is an International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN) expert in the Russian Federation and a coordinator of the program training specialists to work on the problem of child abuse in the Eastern Europe.
Scientific educational center «Chemistry of Molecules and Materials» was founded in August in 2014 as the result of restructuring of scientific research laboratory «Organometallic Chemistry».
- Sergey Zhiltsov – Doctor of Chemistry , Professor, Chief Research Officer
- Valentin Makarov – Candidate of Chemistry, Associate Professor, Leading Research Officer
- Olga Druzhkova – Doctor of Chemistry, Associate Professor, Senior Research Officer
- Nikolay Orlov - Doctor of Chemistry, Associate Professor, Senior Research Officer
- Andrey Lesin – Student, Research Assistant
- Tatevik Egiazaryan – Master’s Degree Student, Research Assistant
- Evgeny Frolov – Student, Research Assistant
- Danila Razborov - Research Assistant
- Vladimir Sokolov – Research Assistant
- Elena Ulivanova – Postgraduate, Research Assistant
- Natalya Shutikhina – Master’s Degree Student, Research Assistant
- Irina Kurbatova – laboratory assistant
Scientific and research work in Chemistry at the Department of Сhemistry started in the middle of the 1960s. Four main stages of work are connected with organometallic chemical compounds (OCC) of transition and non-transition d- and f-elements.
The first stage is devoted to hemolytic liquid-phase reactions OCC of non-transition elements (mercury, tin, etc.) : finding their common denominators in thermal and photolytic processes with oxygen, peroxides, alcohols, polyhalomethanes; directional effect of electron donating supplements on them; forecasting of practical application of OCC
The second stage is related to the search of catalyst systems based on OCC for polymerization processes of vinyl monomers in order to get bio-resistant polymers and block co-polymers; film-forming, self-curing polymer coatings and organic glass for protection plates with enhanced capability to absorb x-rays.
The third stage is connected with investigation of thermal cracking processes of cyclopentadienyl compounds of nickel and cobalt in order to find methods of application of nano-materials in the corresponding metal filmstate on tops of various substrates in electronics industry.
In the forth stage a relevant objective of synthesis, characterization of the structure, determining of reactive capability of lanthanide organic compounds and searching of methods of their usage in organic synthesis of poly-functional derivatives is solved. A convenient way of synthesis of alkene and aryl compounds and of lanthanide complexes with organoelement substitutes has been developed.
At the present stage, a research on the topic ‘Synthesis, Structure and Reactive Capability of Acenaftendiimine Complexes of Metals’ is conducted under the supervision of Doctor of Chemistry, Corresponding Member of the RAN, ProfessorI.L.Fedyushkin.
Key results of work
The research is supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the form of work order (1997-2013), International Science Foundation, RFBR (Russian Foundation for Basic Research) and the Ministry of Industry and Innovations of Nizhny Novgorod oblast (2009-2014). The researches have been conducted with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Project № 1587: Synthesis and Investigation of Properties of Organoelemental Complexes of Transition and Non-Transition Metals) since 2014 which has been carried out within three years for a total amount of 15 million rubles as well as grants of RFBR and the Ministry of Industry and Innovations of Nizhny Novgorod oblast 13-03-97092 r_povolzhye_a ‘New Instances of Metal-Metal Bonding in Organoelemetal Compounds’ 2013-2014 for a total amount of 840 thousand rubles and 15-43-02568 r_povolzhye_a ‘Acenaften-1,2-diimine Derivatives of Rare Earth Metals: One and Two electron Reducing Agents for Chemical Synthesis’ 2015-2017 for a total amount of 1 million 500 thousand rubles.
Some of the results of the researches can be visualized in the following reaction schemes:
- System for operation under vacuum and in a medium with an inert atmosphere, equipped with vacuum pumps Trivac D16C;
- Universal kit for evaporation: rotary evaporator IKA RV 10 basic V + KNF pump N 810.3 FT 18;
- Centrifuge with heating for industrial laboratories range Hettich of accessories 46 H;
IR-Fourier spectrometer FSM 2201.