Obtaining a study visa

How to get a study visa?

 - You can obtain a study  visa from the Consular Department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the country you specified in your application for admission to the university.

What documents should be submitted to the Consular Department:

1. Valid foreign passport.

Important!  Your passport must be valid for at least 18 months from the date of authorized entry stated in the invitation. Your passport must have at least 2 free pages for pasting a visa.

2. Invitation of Minin University. Print the document from the attached file with the title "Invitation". 

3. The validity period of the visa is stated on the visa form, which is pasted into your passport. The visa you will receive will be a single-entry visa.


  • The visa is printed out on a special form by the Consular Department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation and pasted into your passport.
  • At the time of receiving your visa, you absolutely MUST check all the information in it, especially the spelling of your full name, first name in Russian and Roman letters, date of birth, passport number and gender. If you find an error, immediately inform the Consular officer about it so that the visa is corrected. If there is a mistake in the visa, you must have it corrected free of charge.

Important! If there are mistakes in the visa and the information does not correspond to the invitation issued for you, the visa cannot be extended on the territory of the Russian Federation!

  • The line of the visa "purpose of entry" should read "Study".
  • The line the visa “host party” should read “Minin University”.
  • If you notice an error in the visa, immediately inform the Consular Department officer. You will get a new visa for free. Do not sign the document confirming that you have received a visa if you have found a mistake!

You will receive a single-entry study visa for 90 days, which is subject to renewal on the territory of the Russian Federation. Minin University will extend your visa. The deadline for submitting documents for visa extension is set by the migration legislation of the Russian Federation and is not subject to change. The visa is extended on the basis of the study contract and in according with the duration of studies.

Important! In order to extend the visa in a timely manner, it is necessary to enter the territory of Russia no later than 1 month before the expiry date of the visa issued at the consular department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation. The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia may refuse to extend your visa in case of late application.

To extend a study visa, you need to contact the International Students Office

(Nizhny Novgorod, Ulyanova St., 1, room 233).


Head of the International Students Office

Selezneva Olga Vladimirovna

selezneva102@mail.ru , phone: +7 (910)383-22-68

603952, Russia, Nizhny Novgorod, Ulyanova str., 1, office 233

Tel: +7 (831) 262-20-48, (ext 180)