Obtaining a temporary residence permit for the purpose of education

International students enrolled in full-time higher education programs can apply for a Temporary Residence Permit for the purpose of Education (TRPE).

TRPE is issued to the student for the entire period of study plus 180 days.
Example: If the period your studies in accordance with the study contract ends on 31.08.2024, then the TRPE will be issued to you for a period up to 28.02.2025. After successful completion of studies (obtaining a diploma), a foreign citizen who has previously received an TRPE has the right to apply for a residence permit  within 3 years without the need to obtain a temporary residence permit.

1. In order to apply for TRPE, international students residing in the Russian Federation on the basis of a multiple-entry study visa must obtain a certificate of no criminal record at the Embassy of their country in the Russian Federation.

2. An international student must receive a certificate of study at Minin University (contact the University’sMultifunctional Center) and an extract from the order of enrollment, as well as the accreditation of the university (contact the International Students Office, room 233)

3. An international student independently collects a package of documents to apply for the TRPE and submits documents to the Migration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the Nizhny Novgorod region at the address: Nizhny Novgorod, Akademika Sakharova St., 18

4. The processing period of documents for the issuance of the TRPE is 2 months. After receiving a stamp in the passport on the issuance of the TRPE, an international student MUST submit the passport to the International Students Office  (room 233 ) within 1 working day.

TRPE is CANCELED in case of early termination of a foreign citizen's education (dismissal), or transfer to part-time or extramural education.